SUMMER DAY CAMP
At all Y camps we remain committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all our campers, their families, and our staff team.
We are optimistic that we will be able to return to camp in 2021 and are continuing to work with our provincial and local health authorities as we plan for the upcoming camp season to ensure the safest possible camp experience for your campers.
View our parent info guide here
- Rovers (4 - 5 years old) Making new friends and building on the YMCA core values of honesty and respect, Rovers participate in small and large group activities in this action-packed program. Exploring the outdoors, learning camp cheers, games, and crafts will keep Rovers busy all day!
- Trailblazers (6 - 8 years old) This program is designed to empower Trailblazers to choose activities that interest them by having campers included in camp schedule decisions. Working with the YMCA core values of respect and responsibility, Trailblazers participate in classic camp games and choose from activities such as theatre games, team sports, water activities, hikes, and more.
- Explorers (9 - 10 years old) The adventurous Explorer program allows campers to develop confidence and self-esteem. Building on a progressive model, Explorers are exposed to skill-based activities and make decisions based on their area of interest. Campers are encouraged to try new things with weekly themes and special events.
- Mavericks (11 - 12 years old) Our Maverick program is designed to excite campers about coming to camp for a week or the entire summer. With an emphasis on fun, fitness, fundamentals, fair play, and friends, Mavericks participate in traditional camp programs and self-selected programming. Working on leadership, team-building, and initiative, Mavericks set an example for younger campers through direct leadership experience.
- Leadership 1 (13 - 16 years old) Start your leadership journey! With Leadership 1 you will be a better leader in your school, community, or at the YMCA. We cover the basics of what it takes to be a great leader and examine an influential leader in your life. Activities emphasize goal setting, team building, cooperation, and effective communication. Successful participants may be eligible for a volunteer placement on site.
- Leadership 2 (13 - 16 years old) Leadership 2 expands on the fundamentals of leadership, diving deeper into effective qualities of leaders, communication, motivation, inspiration, and adaptive leadership styles. Successful participants may be eligible for a volunteer placement on site.
- Leadership 3 (15 - 16 years old) Leadership 3 expands on the fundamentals of leadership covered in Leadership 2, designed for youth who want to become day camp Counsellors. Sessions include the principles of YMCA Healthy Child Development, camper characteristics, and activity leadership.
Follow us on Facebook for photos and updates!