Huron RASP funding is no longer available in 2019. Please apply in January 2020. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Recreation, Arts & Sports Program
Providing opportunities for children and youth across Huron County to participate in activities regardless of their financial circumstances.
How the program helps
Financial funding (up to $500 annually per child) is provided to families to help cover:
- Registration fees
- Equipment and supply needs
- Safe transportation options
- Children and youth who participate in organized recreation, arts and sport activities perform better scholastically, socially and grow into healthier adjusted adults.
- Recreational activities develop children’s self esteem, responsibility, sharing, teamwork and sense of belonging.
- Participation in recreational activities provides children with an opportunity to develop physically, socially and emotionally.
Many activities for kids to enjoy
This is a youth program facilitated by the YMCA, with assistance of several local community partners, to deliver sport and recreational activities for youth facing financial barriers.
- Art Programs
- Agricultural Programs
- Ball Hockey
- Day Camp
- Residential Camp
- Figure Skating
- Girl Guides
- Horseback Riding
- Leadership Programs
- Martial Arts
- Swimming/Swim Teams
- 4H Programs
Are you eligible?
- Families are eligible if:
- You have children between ages 0 to 17
- You live in Huron County
- Your total income is less than $45,000