Enhanced Health & Safety
Our Health, Fitness and Aquatics branches have been hard at work preparing to reopen our doors to more of our staff and of course our members. Now that the Ontario government has decided that some of our various municipalities are ready to move into phase 3, which includes fitness centres, we are focused on getting ready to safely open our doors to welcome back our members.
When our HFA centres reopen, they will look a little different at first:
- We will keep the layout of our facilities simple to make sure we can have people in the building safely.
- This will include keeping child minding, changerooms, gyms, group fitness and the pool closed at first.
- We will make decisions in consultation with local health units about when we can layer in additional programming.
Other changes you will see when you return:
- Extensive signage to let members know about changes, including, swiping cards for access is an acknowledgement that they are safe to be in our buildings.
- Changes in how people move in the building, including restricted areas, one-way flow of foot traffic and markings to keep people spaced apart appropriately.
- Tempered glass at the membership desk to add an extra barrier between members and staff when they have to have closer conversations.
- Hand sanitization stations where you enter the building and in strategic places throughout the building.
- Wellness floor equipment moved or removed in order to let people work out at a safe distance and to remove items that cannot easily be disinfected after each use.
- Additional cleaning scheduled for high touch surfaces, and a dedication by all staff to be involved in cleaning regardless of their role.
- All staff wearing masks.