Family Membership Plans
- A family membership consists of a maximum of two adult members and dependent children, under the age of 25, sharing the same residence.
- Dependent children have access to the general changeroom.
Membership Payment Options
Membership payments must be set up on a pre-authorized plan or paid in full. Your dues may be withdrawn on either the 15th or the last day of each month, from your chequing account, VISA or MasterCard. Paying “month-to-month” is not an option. A $25 fee will be charged for NSFs.
Membership Assistance Program
As a charitable organization, the YMCA strives to serve all segments of the community, including those with limited financial means. Donors to the YMCA make this possible. If your current financial circumstances are limiting your ability to participate, financial assistance may be provided. Please contact YMCA Membership Services for more information. All inquiries are held in strict confidence.
Your Membership Card
Allowing you to gain access to our facility, your membership card may only be used by you. It is non-transferable. You must scan your membership card at the service desk each time you visit. Members who forget their cards must provide photo ID. The YMCA reserves the right to refuse service to any person who is unable to produce the ID necessary to validate their membership. There is a $5 fee for a replacement card.
Aquatic Admission Standards
Aquatic Wrist Band Procedure
For increased safety in our aquatic facility, all swimmers age 6-11 who want to swim in the main pool must complete a brief swim assessment prior to swimming in the pool. Upon successful completion, the child will be given a GREEN wrist band, allowing them to enter the deep end of the main pool. Those who decide not to do the swim assessment and those who are unsuccessful in completing the swim assessment have access to the entire leisure pool.
Children age 0-5
- Must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian over the age of 16 who remains within arms reach.
- Ratio of children to parent/guardian is 2:1 with or without wearing a personal floatation device (i.e. lifejacket).
Children age 6-11
- Children who do not successfully complete the swim test may swim in the leisure pool with a parent/guardian over the age of 16 in the pool who remains within arms reach.
- Ratio of children to parent/guardian is 4:1 without a personal floatation device. · Ratio of children to parent/guardian is 8:1 with a personal floatation device (i.e. lifejacket) on each child.
Children age 6-11
- Children who successfully complete the swim test may access any area of the pool.
- Ratio of children to parent/guardian is 8:1, where the parent/guardian directly supervises on deck or in the water for ages 6-9 years.
Guardians or group leaders (at least 16 years of age) are responsible for the children within their care while in the aquatic facility and must directly supervise children at all times.
Swim Assessment Standard
To successfully pass the facility swim test, individuals age 6-11 must:
- Swim 25 metres, face down
- Jump into deep water from side of pool and surface from jump
- Tread water for 1 minute with head above water
*A successful pass is determined by the lifeguard on duty
Safety of Children
To ensure the safety and security of children while at the YMCA, children under 10 years of age may not be dropped off or left unattended for any unsupervised programming. Children must be either attending a Y program or be under the direct supervision of a parent or an adult/guardian at least 16 years of age. Children are not permitted in the fitness centre or gym during fitness classes. Children always have free access to a telephone to call a parent.
Cell Phone Etiquette
The YMCA values and respects the privacy and security of our members and participants. We ask that you please turn off all cell phones (or set to vibrate mode), digital cameras, and other electronic devices that may infringe upon the enjoyment, privacy and security of your fellow members and participants. Please keep cell phone conversation within the YMCA general public areas.
- All personal items including gym bags, purses, etc are to be locked in lockers
- Clothing with offensive symbols or language may not be worn
- Clean and dry proper athletic footwear only
- Water bottles only are permitted in the Wellness Centre
- A maximum of 30 minutes permitted on the cardiovascular equipment
- Please allow others to use the equipment between sets
- Prevent the spreading of germs by wiping down the machines after each use
- Return equipment to its appropriate area
- Use equipment in a safe and respectful manner
- Refrain from using products with fragrances as they may irritate those with allergies and other sensitivities
- Keep conversations to appropriate language, content and volume
Change Room Etiquette
In order to make the change room experience comfortable for everyone, please refrain from using products with fragrances. Change room lockers are for day use only, so please bring your own lock and remove it when you leave. Lastly, please ensure you bring appropriate dry, indoor footwear for exercising.
For the security and privacy of our members and guests, the YMCA allows no cameras and recording devices without prior YMCA authorization. Please ask the Membership Services Desk for a YMCA Duty Manager to accompany you when taking pictures in the facility. The safety and protection of our participants and their privacy is a priority at the YMCA.
YMCA Smoke Free
At the YMCA, we promote health and wellness. Smoking is not permitted in any facility or within 9 metres of any YMCA entrance.
- If you currently have a Preauthorized Monthly Payment Plan we will automatically renew your membership for you.
- If you would like to pay for your yearly membership in full, please visit the Y Membership Services Desk and we will process the payment so your membership will continue uninterrupted.
- If you wish not to renew your monthly payments please visit the Membership Services Desk.
- 15 days notice and the completion of a hold form is required to put your membership on hold.
- Hold requests must be submitted in writing and in person to the Membership Services Desk.
- Members may request a membership hold once per year, for a minimum of one month, to a maximum of 5 months.
- Payments will be stopped during the hold period.
- Access to facilities and programming will be suspended during the hold period.
- Holds will not be processed retroactively.
- 30 days written notice and the completion of a cancellation form is required to terminate your membership.
- Members who have paid their dues in full will be issued are refund cheque less a $25 administration fee.
- Cancellations will not be accepted by phone.
- Cancellations will not be processed retroactively .
- No special considerations will be made based on usage, financial situation, or any other mitigating factors.
- A “stop payment” through a financial institution does not constitute a cancellation.
Most YMCA programs and facilities are available to non members on a daily basis by purchasing a single-entry activity pass. Some exceptions do apply. If you plan to visit the YMCA more than once per week or more than four times per month, visit Membership Services to see how much more convenient and economical a YMCA membership can be. All visitors will be required to show proof of identification.