|Aquatic Admission Standards
Aquatic Wrist Band Procedure
For increased safety in our aquatic facility, all swimmers age 6-11 who want to swim in the main pool must complete a brief swim assessment prior to swimming in the pool. Upon successful completion, the child will be given a GREEN wrist band, allowing them to enter the deep end of the main pool. Those who decide not to do the swim assessment and those who are unsuccessful in completing the swim assessment have access to the entire leisure pool.
Children age 0-5
- Must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian over the age of 16 who remains within arms reach.
- Ratio of children to parent/guardian is 2:1 with or without wearing a personal floatation device (i.e. lifejacket).
Children age 6-11
- Children who do not successfully complete the swim test may swim in the leisure pool with a parent/guardian over the age of 16 in the pool who remains within arms reach.
- Ratio of children to parent/guardian is 4:1 without a personal floatation device. · Ratio of children to parent/guardian is 8:1 with a personal floatation device (i.e. lifejacket) on each child.
Children age 6-11
- Children who successfully complete the swim test may access any area of the pool.
- Ratio of children to parent/guardian is 8:1, where the parent/guardian directly supervises on deck or in the water for ages 6-9 years.
Guardians or group leaders (at least 16 years of age) are responsible for the children within their care while in the aquatic facility and must directly supervise children at all times.
Swim Assessment Standard
To successfully pass the facility swim test, individuals age 6-11 must:
- Swim 25 metres, face down
- Jump into deep water from side of pool and surface from jump
- Tread water for 1 minute with head above water
*A successful pass is determined by the lifeguard on duty