YMCA CHOK International Bridge Race - Volunteer today!
The YMCA CHOK International Bridge race has been a tradition in Port Huron & Sarnia for 38 years! The 10K race begins in Port Huron, Michigan and ends in Sarnia, Ontario after runners have crossed the Blue Water Bridge. With the addition of the 5K Fun Run/Walk and the FREE 1K Kids Run, the race committee is anticipating participation of 1000 runners! All proceeds from the race go to support the YMCA Annual Strong Kids Campaign.
The success of the race depends primarily on the support of volunteers. For all 3 races, there are many roles, many activities for volunteers!
Many volunteer opportunities to choose from:
- Route Marshalls - stationed at a specific stations on the 5K and 10K route and wearing traffic vests, volunteers will help direct the runners to stay on course, and direct vehicle traffic around the runners.
- Parking Marshalls - stationed at Sarnia Casino and Canatara Park, volunteers will help direct event attendee vehicles to parking locations.
- Water Station Attendees - stationed at one of 5 water stations, volunteers will hand out cups of water to runners in motion and fill just and cup supplies. Fun and fast paced!
- Medal Distribution - stationed at the finish line in Canatara Parke, volunteers will help to hand out a race medal to each finishing runner.
- Food Distribution - stationed at the food table at the finish line, volunteers will help to hand out water bottles and fruit to finishing runners.
- Cheerleading - we are looking for youth groups, high school groups, church groups or musical groups to act as cheerleaders along the route to encourage the runners.
- Runner Kit Pickup - stationed at the Jerry McCaw Famiy Centre YMCA on Finch Street, volunteers will help hand out runner kits/shirts to registered runners. Friday, June 2, and Saturday, June 3.
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering please click on the button above to get started. Thank you for your support!