YMCA 2020 Celebration of Youth online applications will be available in January 2020. Stay tuned!
You may be, or know a student who has made a unique and exemplary contribution to others and our community.
1. Applications will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Recognition: Both peers and community members readily recognize the candidate as having reached a high level of accomplishment in the identified field. Any recognition achieved beyond the local community should be included.
- Contribution to Others: There is a clear demonstration that the candidate has enriched the lives of others as a result of his/her contact.
- Other: Unique accomplishments or characteristics not identified in other sections of the application.
2. How the winners are selected:
- The selection committee will review each nomination form, as well as the other supporting documents.
- All applications will be considered confidential.
- Selected candidates will be interviewed, and specific aspects listed under each award will be addressed during the interview.
- Short-listing may occur in categories with a large number of applicants.
- All candidates will be contacted regarding the status of their application in April 2018.
- The decision of the selection committee will be final.
3. Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must be planning on pursuing post secondary education within two years of application submission deadline.
- Applicants must agree to allow the YMCA to publicize the recipients in the media or other forms as deemed proper and necessary by the YMCA.
- Applicants must agree that the recipient of the awards will, upon request from the YMCA , attend public events related to the award.
- Recipients will be asked to attend the YMCA’s Celebration of Youth Awards Presentation, at which time the recipient will be officially and publicly recognized.
- Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of The Education Act and the Freedom of Information Act and will be used to determine the appropriate recipients of the awards. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Financial Development Officer at 519-336-9622 x228.
- By submitting the application each candidate acknowledges and accepts the right of the COY selection committee to confirm details of transcripts and letters of reference with their sources.