The YMCA’s interest in operating The Centre is aligned with our mission to build healthy communities and consistent with the Town’s strategic priority to grow a Community of Health in Petrolia. The arrangement is similar to those in place for other municipal services including management of the waste water treatment plant, and artistic direction for the Victoria Playhouse Petrolia and ensures that:
- The Town of Petrolia retains ownership of The Centre, all donor recognition/named features, equipment and assets;
- The YMCA has engaged current Centre staff team with a first opportunity for application for employment;
- The YMCA will deliver greater operational efficiency to The Centre and reduce the Town’s annual investment, including an estimated total savings of $517,538 over a five year period;
- The YMCA will offer an all-inclusive membership experience and ensure that non-member and public access is maintained.
- The YMCA will implement its Assisted Membership program, providing subsidized access to membership and programs for individuals and families in financial need.